Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Record Storage Cabinet Makeover

Record Cabinet Makeover from Denise on a Whim
I found this cute, record cabinet at our local thrift store and bought it for a steal.
It had a few small issues, but nothing that a little glue and nails couldn't handle.
This cabinet was actually the very first piece I picked up after I bought a Suburban.
If I would have still had my little Grand Am, I never would have fit it into the car.
But, with the Suburban, it was no problem!
(ps. I love that big boat of a vehicle that I drive now!)

Here it is right after I bought it.

Record Cabinet Makeover from Denise on a Whim
After I got it home, I realized it would probably be best
to just take it apart and put it all back together again.
The glue that had been used on it was so old, it was basically non-existent now!
Record Cabinet Makeover from Denise on a Whim
 When I put it together, I decided to leave the dividers out of it.
I figured it would make a better storage cabinet without them.

Unless someone really wanted to use it to store records.
But I doubted that...
Record Cabinet Makeover from Denise on a Whim
I had already planned on putting cabinet doors
on this piece instead of leaving it open.
What I hadn't planned on was using the dividers for that purpose.
But, with only one cut, they fit perfectly!
So I went ahead and used them as the cabinet doors.
Repurposed Record Cabinet Makeover from Denise on a Whim
Because of the shape of the dividers,
it wasn't necessary to add any knobs.
They just seemed so perfect as doors for this piece! Record Cabinet Makeover from Denise on a Whim
I painted the cabinet in white and added a vertical stripe
in American paint Company's Beach Glass on each side.
The cabinet doors are painted in turquoise with
horizontal Beach Glass stripes.
Record Cabinet Makeover from Denise on a Whim
 Then I used my metal stencils to paint the lettering on each door.
Record Cabinet Makeover with Stenciled Lettering from Denise on a Whim
 This is the second record cabinet I've worked on.
The first record cabinet I painted turned out pretty cute, for sure.
But I love how parts of this piece were used
for a new purpose on the same piece of furniture! Record Cabinet Makeover from Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover