Friday, May 15, 2015

Blue Patina Magnetic Board with Modern Masters Metal Effects Paints

Blue Patina Magnetic Board with Modern Masters Metal Effects Paints | Denise on a Whim
I was recently contacted to try out Modern Masters paints and,
I gotta say, I think they're so cool!
I tried the paints on wood, terracotta and metal and I love the results!
The first project I'm sharing with you is a repurposed magnetic board.
The guys I work with picked up a bunch of old metal shelves for our shop.
One of them managed to "fall off" the trailer.
Oops! ;)
Blue Patina Magnetic Board with Modern Masters Metal Effects Paints | Denise on a Whim
  I took the shelf and cleaned it up.
It was a bit rusty, which would normally be my cup of tea,
but I knew I wanted to try the Modern Masters Metal Effects paint on it.
Repurposed Magnetic Board with Modern Masters Metal Effects Paints | Denise on a Whim
 It was really very easy to do.
The first thing I did was apply two coats of the primer.
Then, and definitely not my cup of tea, I waited.
The primer takes 12 hours to dry,
which isn't very long, but I was anxious!
Primer for Modern Masters Metal Effects Paint | Denise on a Whim
12 hours later, I applied the Bronze Reactive Metallic Paint.
I let the first coat dry.
Bronze Reactive Modern Masters Paint | Denise on a Whim
Then I added a second coat and, while it was still wet,
I sprayed on the Blue Patina Aging Solution.
A spritzer cap came with the kit and fit right on the bottle of the Aging Solution.
So I sprayed away!

It doesn't take very long to see the reaction.
Once everything starts drying you can see your material "aging" before your eyes!

After I framed the shelf, this is the result!
A gorgeous aged look.
Repurposed Shelf Magnetic Board with an Aged Blue Patina | Modern Masters Metal Effects Paints | Denise on a Whim

I also tried Metal effects on wood and on terracotta.
It worked great on both!
This is the terracotta pot I used it on.
Aged Blue Terracotta Pot with Modern Masters Metal Effects Paints | Denise on a Whim
 It was just plain orange terracotta before.
And now it looks like it's been sitting outside for a good long time.
Aged Blue Terracotta Pot with Modern Masters Metal Effects Paints | Denise on a Whim
Instant patina is definitely my cup of tea!
Aged Blue Terracotta Pot with Modern Masters Metal Effects Paints | Denise on a Whim
 I added some greenery in the pot and placed it under my new little sign.
Aged Blue Terracotta Pot with Modern Masters Metal Effects Paints | Denise on a Whim
Modern Masters has many different paint options.
You should check out the color palette available for their metallic paints.
There's a ton of colors!
I just might have to try the Iron Paint with Rust Activator next.
I'm not sure I could resist even if I tried!
Magnetic Board Made with an Old Shelf and Modern Masters Metal Effects Paints | Denise on a Whim
I thank Modern Masters for providing me the opportunity to try their reactive paint line
and share it with all of you!

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover