Monday, August 25, 2014

Autumn Celebration!

Autumn DIY Inspiration from Denise on a Whim
This week I'm taking my kids to meet their teachers for the new school year. They're excited and, frankly, so am I, although it's hard to believe I will have a 4th grader. Makes me feel a tiny bit on the old side!
With the start of school, comes thoughts of fall: sweaters, warm drinks with friends on a cool night, movies under a blanket. And, most of all, beautiful autumn colors!
To get in the mood, I've complied a collection of some past fall projects for you to take a look at today.


This little pumpkin from a bundt pan is one of my favorite creations (and most popular, too).
Bundt Pan Pumpkin from Denise on a Whim


You should all know by now that I love pallet signs. And I just adore the colors on this one!
Apple Picking Pallet Sign from Denise on a Whim
Apple Picking Pallet Sign

An old tart tin with some character and a lamp base became this junky fruit bowl. Filled with apples and adorned by gourds, it makes the perfect autumn display.
Junky Fruit Bowl from Denise on a Whim
Junky Fruit Bowl

Another popular post, this trio of pallet signs was simple to make. And I also included a free printable so you can make something similar for yourself!
Harvest Pallet SIgns from Denise on a Whim
A Harvest of Pallet Signs

A vintage record cabinet, redone in dark wood with white and a pop of turquoise, is the perfect setting for some fall decor.
A Record Cabinet Makeover from Denise on a Whim
Record Cabinet Makeover

This adorable chalkboard was made from a table leaf. The color of the wood is gorgeous on this beauty!
Upcycled Table Leaf Sign from Denise on a Whim
Almost Autumn A-Frame Sign

And, in between projects, I managed to find a little time to take you on a tour of one of our local covered bridges!
Fall Tour at the Covered Bridge from Denise on a Whim
Autumn Morning at the Covered Bridge

Hope you enjoy these projects and that they inspire you to get creative and enjoy autumn!

For even more autumn inspiration, check out my fall pinterest board

Follow Denise...On a Whim's board Autumn Inspiration on Pinterest.


Or my Hometalk board chock-full of autumn ideas!
Find me on Homtalk.com

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover