Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Own Little Christmas Corner

Charlie Brown Tree in a Bushel Basket via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
In my house, Christmas decorating is all about the kids. We have all sorts of character ornaments on our tree, not to mention a boatload of handmade ornaments from throughout the years, most of which I can attribute to my own little munchkins. I love each and every thing on our tree. But I also have a real desire to do a pretty theme for my Christmas decorating. This year, I think I've accomplished both!
I have a wall (yes, singular) in my home that I use when I photograph our projects to show you here on the blog. I absolutely hate the wallpaper on all of my walls, but this one in particular. It is, however, the only place that gets any really good natural light in my entire house. Awhile ago I put a couple of burlap bags on the walls to cover up the hideous wallpaper. I've used the space quite a few times in photos and I've also decided that I sort of love the burlap there. So it isn't coming down anytime soon!

I decided to use the space to make my very own little Christmas area! A space specifically for me to love during this wonderful season!

So I started with what was there from my last photo shoot. A crate, a reddish-brown suitcase, a few jars, some old spools and a beautiful old beadboard cupboard door. Then I added a few things. Like this candle I received previously as a gift nestled atop one of the old spools... 
Vintage Spools and Snowflakes in a Christmas Vignette via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
And this half price snowflake floral pick, sitting in 2 spools, one a deep red and one a snowy white... 
Vintage Spools and Snowflakes in a Christmas Vignette via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
Next I added this fantastic vintage radio I picked up for 75% off at a local store going out of business... 
Vintage Radio in a Christmas Vignette via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I added a few touches on top of it. A red spring Eric got at work with a thrifted tree branch. Another thread spool with a bottle brush tree. A delightful metal and wood piece (I really do not know what it is-maybe one of you can help?) with an old insulator sitting atop it...
Vintage Radio and Spools in a Christmas Vignette via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
Then I added this iron as a magnetic picture holder to show off my cuties...
Vintage Iron as a Photo Holder in a Christmas Vignette via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I kept my printer's drawer too and added a couple more trees and a vintage-looking white Santa ornament, along with a vintage slicer for holding a picture of my other cutie and I...
Vintage Cutter as Photo Frame in a Christmas Vignette via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I was lucky enough to find this Pepsi crate at 75% off, too. And just in time for Christmas decorating! It fits perfectly in my Christmas corner... 
Vintage Soda Crate for Christmas Decorating via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
But I still had a big blank space on the suitcase to fill. I went out to my garage to search and found this wonderfully festive bushel basket...
Festive Bushel Basket via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I scrounged through the yard for some fallen pine branches. And found quite a few! I even have a few left over for some plans I have for my deck. But the largest came inside with me. With my hacksaw, I cut a bit of the height off. After piling some burlap scraps into the basket, I added the pine branch. Then a few thrifted ornaments. All red and green...
Charlie Brown Tree in a Bushel Basket via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
And I had my own little Charlie Brown tree. In my very own little Christmas corner. And I love it! Every detail!
My Own Vintage Christmas Nook via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I'm so excited to be showing off my little nook today. I'm just so thrilled to have a place that's decorated all vintage and pretty in my house, instead of kiddish :)

Head on over and like our facebook page here.
Follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get all the latest posts through bloglovin', just click this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)
post signature

Spreading the holiday cheer at these great parties...
That DIY Party at DIY ShowoffGive Me the Goods Party at Rain on a Tin RoofMonday Funday at Creatively LivingInspiration Monday at twelveOeightThe Scoop at Cedar Hill RanchProject Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and CrinolineTweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little HouseThe Power of Paint Party at Domestically SpeakingFluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster BusterNifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal CharmBrag About It Tuesday at BebetsyKnick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time InteriorsWhimsy Wednesday at Smart School HouseUnder $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket FenceWow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern StyleFrom Dream to Reality at The DIY DreamerWork It Wednesday at The Blissful BeeHome and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome LifeFurniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThymeBe Inspired at Common GroundFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketLink Party Palooza at Tatertots and JelloTickled Pink at 504 MainBest of the Weekend at A Little ClaireificationSaturday Show and Tell at Cheerios and LattesSaturday Nite Special at Funky Junk InteriorsA Bouquet of Talent Party at Life on Lakeshore DriveFrom the Farm Blog HopDIY Showcase Party at Minette's MazeShare It One More Time at One More Time Events

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover