Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Striking Red Sewing Desk

This sewing stand is such a dainty little piece with beautiful hardware. She's so girly and pretty that I knew red would look good on her! Let's take a look at her before she got some new clothes.
Here's the stand when we bought her. She was a little tired and very worn out.
But now she has some wonderful new color!
We patched and filled the hole in the top.
And gave the inside top a nice, light coat of CeCe Caldwell Traverse City Cherry Chalk Paint.
This vintage tea box that I picked up this weekend is a perfect accessory for this beautiful gal!
As are these cool spools I also grabbed recently. Especially with some flowers in them (that was Eric's touch, by the way! ~ I'm so proud of him!)
A little chippy milk paint...
The milk paint is Cream by The Real milk Paint Company. This was my first large project with milk paint. It goes on a lot thinner than chalk paint. But, it turned out that I liked the thin coat so that's just how I left it!
A light coat of Traverse City Cherry looks great with some of the original wood peeking through. The finish has a lot of depth!
Each drawer front is painted that way.
A close-up of the pretty & fancy original hardware...
I added a little Cherry on the pulls, too, then wiped most if it back off with a damp cloth. 
I also used a damp cloth to wipe away some of the milk paint from the edges.
On the top, the veneer had chipped away on the back, left corner there. I was going to fix it or Mod Podge a pretty paper there. But, in the end, I decided to paint it with the Traverse City Cherry to coordinate with the drawer fronts. I really like it! :)
I think she turned out quite beautiful! How about you?
I'd be tickled pink if you'd head over and like our facebook page here.
If Pinterest is your thing, follow me with this link.
Don't miss a pretty project! Follow this blog with bloglovin', by clicking this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)

'Til next time!
post signature
Everyone loves a good party!
Check my project out along with other great inspiration, at these great blogs...
That DIY Party at DIY ShowoffGive Me the Goods Party at Rain on a Tin RoofMonday Funday at Creatively LivingInspiration Monday at twelveOeightThe Scoop at Cedar Hill RanchProject Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and CrinolineTweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little HouseThe Power of Paint Party at Domestically SpeakingFluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster BusterKnick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time InteriorsWhimsy Wednesday at Smart School HouseUnder $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket FenceWow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern StyleFrom Dream to Reality at The DIY DreamerWork It Wednesday at The Blissful BeeHome and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome LifeFurniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThymeBe Inspired at Common GroundFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketLink Party Palooza at Tatertots and JelloTickled Pink at 504 MainBest of the Weekend at A Little ClaireificationSaturday Show and Tell at Cheerios and LattesSaturday Nite Special at Funky Junk InteriorsA Bouquet of Talent Party at Life on Lakeshore DriveFrom the Farm Blog HopDIY Showcase Party at Minette's MazeShare It One More Time at One More Time Events

1 comment:

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover