Friday, October 11, 2013

An Apple Sign & Apple Pie

pallet sign
Ahhhh... apples. Sweet, tart. I love them all! And what do you do when you have a bunch of apples? You bake an apple pie, of course!
Earlier this week, I told you about our trip to the apple orchard. The kids and I had such a great time! And we each got to pick a half peck of apples. And that's really a lot of apples!
painted basket
I couldn't let them go to waste. So, of course, I baked a pie! I love, love, love a dutch apple pie! But I also love pie crust. (And I've been told I make a pretty mean pie crust!) So I opted for a regular pie, nothing fancy. I dove into my Betty Crocker cookbook and got baking!

I cut a few tiny apples out with one of my miniature cutters and added those to the top just to make it prettier!apple pie
I also had another show coming up in a week's time so I went right ahead and made an apple picking pallet sign, too!
 pallet sign
I really want to keep this one because I'm loving the combination of Traverse City Cherry and Destin Gulf Green with that lime green arrow on the Vintage White. I may just have to make myself a replica of this one!
pallet sign
But I guess I'll just be happy with the pie for now. Very happy! ;)
pallet sign
What have you been baking this fall? Do you have a favorite fall recipe? I'd love to hear about it!
Head on over and like our facebook page here.
Follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get all the latest posts through bloglovin', just click this.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)
'Til next time!
post signature

Sharing a peck or two at the Terrific Tuesday Party at 4 Interior Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover