Monday, September 23, 2013

Pretty Little Dining Room Set

A little Coco, some Vintage White and a touch of Santa Fe Turquoise give this sweet little dining room set a cozy but bright disposition.

This table was originally spray painted black. I gave the legs and base a coat of Vintage White. After a little distressing, I painted a light coat of Turquoise over the white. 
I gave two chairs I had in my garage the same paint treatment.
For the seats, I used Coco and then added a few touches of Santa Fe Turquoise, painted this way and that.
For the table top, I used Coco again. And distressed to let some of the black show through.
When I took these pictures, I hadn't yet added any poly to the tabletop. But I plan to, for added durability.
After the Coco dried, I added a little Turquoise in the same fashion as the chairs.
The table has a leaf, too, painted to match, but not included in these photos. Mainly because I kind of forgot about it when I was taking the pictures! :)
I added a white thrift store eyelet runner to the table and a pair of salt and pepper shakers I had previously painted with Cream milk paint. 
The chairs I chose have a pretty little daisy detail on the backs.
I thought some pretty white daisies in a blue tinted mason jar would be a good centerpiece!
The 2 wrought iron chairs included in these photos are from an awesome set I picked up at an antique show. I plan on making a modification or two on that table yet and then I'll show that off! But, with the Turquoise I've already added to them, they made for a pretty match with this sweet little dining set for it's debut here on the blog!
I hope you've enjoyed seeing the table and chairs today.

It would be awesome if you'd like our facebook page here.
Or follow me on Pinterest with this link.
Don't miss a pretty project. Follow me on bloglovin' with this link.
New followers and comments absolutely make my day! :)

'Til next time!
post signature
Everyone loves a good party!
Check my project out along with other great inspiration, at these great blogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover